Friday, 4 November 2011

Elena's New Job


Well, something amazing happened when Elena went to look for a job. She decide to apply at the pharmacy where she most wanted to work, the Stadt-Apotheke in Balingen. It is the most central and busiest pharmacy in the city, and it had always appealed to her. Although they weren't advertising an opening, she was hired on full-time the next day! She began work a week later, and loves it.

Here she is in her official-looking white labcoat and name-tag assisting a random customer... okay, it's actually her sister Kethe. The strange thing was that I really did show up at the pharmacy at a random time to take a picture of her with a customer and it was her sister! The pharmacy is now doing even better as Elena's family members show up regularly to see if she's actually working.

As for me, I just got my Aufenthaltstitel (residence and work permit) a couple weeks ago, and have applied at about a dozen places for work. I've had a few promising preliminary interviews, so I'll let you know when I get hired as well. Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Elena! I remember this pharmacy on my walks in downtown Balingen. Glad you are enjoying your job. It is nice to hear and "see" how you are doing. We miss you both!

    ReplyDelete