Herzlich Wilkommen!
Elena and I have been wanting to send out an email to let our friends know how we're doing, what we're doing, etc. now that we're living in Germany. Instead of semi-regular mass emails to those who may or may not be interested in what we're up to, we're going to try to do a blog! Although there will be a spurt of blogs initially as we catch you up on our first 2+ months here, I'm anticipating that posts will become somewhat less frequent as we settle into everyday life.
I thought it would be nice to start out with a family photo, but since we don't have kids we stole someone else's for this picture:
They even match us, don't you think? A dark-complexioned little eastern European, and a larger, high-maintenance redhead! Actually, they are the fraternal twin daughters of Elena's niece Carina, named Alanis and Alessa. And in Alessa's defence, she is not usually that cranky. It probably had something to do with being held by the big stranger with the scary voice.
Jeremy and Elena, I'm so excited to see and hear what you are up to now! I'm looking forward to following your blog ... if only I could understand all the German script surrounding your English posts! :)
ReplyDeleteJeremy, you freaked me out!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, this is the first I've heard of your move to Germany. Want to write a post to fill those like me in? What made you move, how long you plan to be there, etc.
Living the dream, man!
-j